Sunday, November 13, 2005

TOP DOGS AND DOGGY DOOS

Have been reading Ben Grundy's blog today, very informative and I recommend every1 nips over for a butchers.

Caught sight of an intriguing post where he discusses the advantage of rating your performance.

It sounded like a good idea to me, so I've decided to steal it.

Keep it simple, something like:

Doggy doo
Poor
Average
Good
Top Dog

Insert an extra column on my spreadsheet and everytime I play, effectively mark myself out of five.

I really think this is a simple yet very effective process, and I wish I'd adopted it earlier.

Hopefully, it well help me keep a grip on the reality of my form. sometimes we can dellude ourselves into thinking that we've been playing well for the week, when in fact our performances have been poor.

One quick look at my speadsheet and I should be able to see how well, or bad, I am playing. If it's all 'Top Dogs', then I shall continue to play as I have been doing. If there is a load of doggy doo around, however, then I guess it's back to the drawing board. Find out where I am going wrong and make the change. Either way, it'll make me aware of how I'm doing. In the short term, winning or losing isn't always an accurate display of your form.

Cheers, Ben. thumbs up

snoops

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home