Tuesday, December 04, 2007

THE MOST STUPID THING I'VE DONE SO FAR...

... is dump $800 to some lucky chap on a $10/20 game. He was sitting with a minimum of $400, so I did the same. It didn't click how steep those blinds actually were, but he obviously knew what he was doing. Bullied me off the table, I played scared poker, kept topping back up to $400 before doing $800 worth. Just shows how important playing at your comfort level is and how much more important the blinds are in that respect than the stack you have in front of you. What a fucking waste of money. What's most annoying is that I have reached some tiny deposit limit on blonde which says I can't take out any more money unless I send them all my credit card details. Pft.

What a donkey, it's even put me off going to Luton tomorrow.

[Edit]

Spoke to a guy from customer support who sorted out the deposit limit problems. I don't know how much I can stick in now, but I've decided to shove in $1,000 and try and build it up gradually - a back to basics plan of sorts.

I'm playing heads-up at the moment and trying to see if I can make it profitable. I reckon I can, but at the moment I am playing such bad poker that I'm losing on blonde. Tempted to stick to 6-handed on Party, which I know I can win at, but I remain adamant that heads-up can be more lucrative if I just get my head right.

This includes doing my homework on people, utilising Poker Tracker more and choosing my opponents more carefully. Most importantly, however, I need to improve my fitness levels. I don't know what it is with me, but that seems to be the most important factor to when I'm playing well or not, to the extent that it's even putting me off going to Luton tomorrow for the £200er. I'll see how I feel tomorrow, but I can't keep throwing away money when I'm not playing my 'A' game.

It's true when they say that it can cost money to learn how to play, and the same applies with heads-up poker, but I'm going to keep at it and see what happens. I think I have to start winning soon though otherwise I won't be able to carry on buying into big events such as the GUKPT. That's what I love to do, it's just a shame variance plays such a huge part.

I think the best thing to do is wait until I've finished updating the Luton Christmas Cracker at the weekend, give myself a couple of days rest during which time I write up all my notes I have on my opponents, and then give it another crack at, say, 1/2 and 2/4 instead of the 3/6 and 5/10 games I've been playing so far. It's all about discipline.


3 Comments:

At 9:00 AM, Blogger seymour:cards said...

hey snoopy,

hope all is well. thats too bad about the $10/20 game, although i'm a firm believer everyone should take a shot once in a while if only to expose leaks in your game and give you a bit of a refocus.

Was wondering if you wouldn't mind swapping links with me

I've added you to my blog

http://seymourcards.blogspot.com

many thanks and will be back soon

seymour

 
At 2:57 AM, Blogger Raffel said...

Hi Snoop!
Sad thing with the $800 loss in the heads up.

May I ask you to update the Pokercoaster Link in your blogroll to my new adress?
-> http://raffel69.wordpress.com
Thank you, and good luck with your HU quest :)

 
At 3:29 AM, Blogger skolsuper said...

Hi Snoopy,

Rake is a killer in low stakes heads up, along with the variance it's a lot of stress for not much money. I reckon you'd actually have to play 5/10 or above to make it worthwhile. Also, doesn't playing heads up cash hurt your mtt game at all? I can't think of two more opposite styles of holdem.

I'd recommend playing 6max, moving up the limits until you're at such a level that you're forced to play heads up. It's a tried and tested route, ask Brian Townsend.

Best of luck either way,

skolsuper

PS. please could you link me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home