Sunday, December 04, 2005

THE BEAGLE UNLEASHED

Well, first week over and I’ve just cashed out online for $1005.48. I’m well chuffed with that. I’d been hesitant in starting my full-time online career as I didn’t want to commence with a loss. Not sure why that bothered me so much, but I’m over the moon that it didn’t happen.

I’m open to making huge errors when I’m tired, so, after the weekend’s updating at Walsall, I decided to take Monday and Tuesday off. I have, however, played every day since Wednesday and I’m delighted with the results.

$1005.48 isn’t a massive amount in terms of professional poker, but its more than double I was earning back at the office. Plus, and this is the most surprising thing, it only took up 2 hours and 29 minutes of my time. Incredibly, that’s approximately $400 an hour. Obviously, that’s gonna drop like a bowling ball, but for now, it’s sounds pretty cool.

Before, I’d work 40 hours a week in a job I hated. This week, I’ve worked 2 and a half hours in a job I love and earned more than double. Blimey! I’m glad I made the change.

However, I can’t become complacent. I’ve done that before and ended up dumping all my profit, which then makes $400 an hour completely irrelevant. I must remain disciplined at all times. Don’t play when drunk, tired, bored, and so on. Give the tables my full attention and play my best at all times. No excuses.

The tricky thing I find when you’re on a good run is that you tend to treat your profitable sessions as the norm, so when that inevitable bad day arrives, you find it impossible to accept. This can then lead on to chasing, not taking your losses and finishing, playing angry, etc, etc. Not a place I want to be. Been there, done that, and it’s bloomin horrible.

This week, I’ve rated all my sessions at least average. There were times when I tried one too many tricks and a couple of hands where I chased, but apart from that, I’ve play good solid poker. My luck has been steady. Although I’ve received a couple of bad outdraws, these were balanced by a QQ v KK victory when I flopped a third Queen. The forth one on the river was a welcome surprise too.

Anyhow, I won’t blab on about individual hands, good folds, poor raises, etc. Just thought I’d report my progress over the first week and share my delight with everyone. I’m in good spirits and I’m thoroughly looking forward to playing Luton next week.

Just hope my good form holds out…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home