Wednesday, June 06, 2007

SICK AS A DOG

Today I’ve been as sick as a dog, puked up a couple of times, haven’t eaten a sausage (or anything else for that matter) and feel like I’ve been run over by a steam-roller. Yep, it’s a bad beat and I feel like shit, but it made me think – I spend all my time writing about other people, discussing their progress and whatnot, and yet, not even in my blog, do I really ever speak about myself.

Well, there’s a reason for that, it’s boring and self-absorbing, so if you don’t like either of the aforementioned then look away now…

To be honest, it’s more a case of simply not having much to report. My last live update was Paris, and that was a month ago! Instead, I’ve spent much of my time on blondepedia, doing my darnedest to get it up and running. But, as with most things, I underestimated the amount of work involved and something always seems to crop up to push that launch date back a step or two.

What I have been doing is glancing back at my blog, and one post in particular makes me pretty mad. The date reads January 01 2007, and in all my wisdom, I decide to set myself 10 goals. Here’s a selection of them…

(1) Play more online cash and earn a minimum of $35,000.

Well, that certainly hasn’t happened. I firmly believe that if I put my heart into it, I can make that sum and more in half the time, but, in truth, I simply don’t have the time. The poker industry is busier than even, blonde is expanding and the circuit is being ambushed with a seemingly endless stream of comps. In effect, my workload has gone through the roof, and there just aren’t enough hours in the day to boot up the blonde poker cardroom, never mind play.

(2) Play more STT’s and turn my initial $10 deposit on Ladbrokes (currently $120) into a four-figure sum.

Once again, my attentions were good, but the same applies with time rearing it’s ugly head. Plus, I bought a Mac a few months back, so I’m forced to borrow to play online, which, of course, is highly inconvenient.

(3) Play more tournaments and online satellites for Grosvenor Main Events.

I was, and still am, desperate to get a taste of the big bucks, but when I’m updating the buggers, it’s pretty tough to play as well. Also, those satellite fees certainly can rack up, and my bankroll has taken a hit since I stopped playing.

(4) Continue to gain weight, eventually surpassing the 11 stone mark.

Well, this is probably one of the reasons why I’m writing this entry now, as the reason I’m ill is most likely due to my increasingly poor diet which has just been thrown out of the window with a very stupid one meal a day (sometimes not even a substantial one) policy which is clearly having a negative effect on my health.

At the start of the year, I was indeed putting on weight, and managed to get myself well above 10 stone from 9. But then, January and February turned into our busiest months ever with live updates left right and centre. I began skipping meals and subsequently, gradually lost my appetite. At the moment, I weigh 9.5 stone, which is pretty demoralising when I consider how well I was doing.

So there you have it, my failed resolutions…

However, this isn’t a moan or a ‘pity me’ plea, because the year is only half way along, and when I return from what will inevitably be a hard 4 week slog in Vegas, I shall refocus my attention on these four goals.

Therefore, come July, I shall be experiencing a slight lifestyle change. Blondepedia will be alive and kicking and the live update schedule will be less foreboding due to a new member (hopefully) joining the ranks and less tournaments hitting the circuit. As a result, I will have more time to do the things I want to do and accomplish the goals that I think are not only long overdue, but deserved.

I haven’t bought into a single live tournament this year, but that’s about to change. This means, more satellites, more live ventures, more online sessions and yum yum, more food! Good luck me, I’ll keep you updated on how I get on…

1 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Blogger Wildcat said...

Good luck mate, sounds to me like poker has become more of a chore than an enjoyment for you. Right idea to re-evaluate things and decide what you want.

All the best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home