Saturday, April 28, 2007

FROM GOOD SAMARITAN TO BAD THIEF

At the time of writing, I have just returned home to London after a tough but rewarding week at the Bellagio. Although the journey home was uneventful, the trip there was slightly more amusing, predominantly due to my stupidity which resulted in the following anecdote...

As we alighted the plane (I’ve stolen that phrase from the voice from the tube), I noticed that my neighbour had left her cardigan on the seat. So, being the good Samaritan that I am (or, more honestly, a leach hoping for a reward), I picked up the cardigan and made my way to the baggage reclaim with the good will intention of hunting the young lady down to fulfil my good deed.

Baggage claim wasn’t around the corner, and after a long walk and a shuttle ride, we eventually arrived. It was at this point that I realised that I’d been carrying a musky blanket around with me, not my neighbour’s cardigan. So, instead of being a good Samaritan, I ended up looking like nothing more than a mere mentalist, waltzing around Vegas airport like some tramp.

I also probably came across as somewhat of a thief, casually walking past the flight attendants with my booty in hand as I departed the plane. I am truly thankful that they didn’t see fit to call security, who could easily have met me at the exit and whisked me off to the slammer (okay, maybe that’s a slight exaggeration).

Most crucially, I am immensely relieved that I didn’t approach the lady and her husband (who I did indeed spot at baggage reclaim), as she would have deemed me to be a right weirdo as I handed over a random blanket simultaneously commenting, “Don’t mention it.”

The blanket and I have spent a lot of time together since that special moment. We have become quite attached after our journey.



4 Comments:

At 5:52 AM, Blogger Pokeking69 said...

i see u and the rug look really happy together!!

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger snoopy1239 said...

Actually, we had a falling out at Circus Circus and I decided to dump her.

To be honest, I lost my rag.

 
At 12:33 AM, Blogger LeKnave said...

Classic.

Hope you enjoyed vegas, the updates were great.

You were missed at bB4 though!

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger snoopy1239 said...

Thanks Mr Knave.

Judging by some of those photos though, doesn't look like I was missed too much.

;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home