Sunday, December 17, 2006

SEX, DRUGS & NO POKER - PART IV

And just a day earlier, we wandered aimlessly into a building that I can't recall the name of in order to view the Dutch art on offer. Although partly closed for 'refurbishment', we still managed to see a decent amount for our €10 (although Dana didn't think so).

Most notably, I was overjoyed to encounter Rembrandt's 'Night Watch' for the first time. I'd studied this painting briefly at university, so it was great to view it in person. I remember learning of how it was almost sliced to death by a vigilante, but, as I examined the stunning piece, it was clear that the restoration work had been a roaring success as the only sign of any damage was a couple of faint lines above the dog on the right hand side.

Meanwhile, in the open air of the Amsterdam streets, Dana and I managed to find this sculptured imitation of the painting. In a 'Where's Wally' moment, Dana decided to don an imaginary red and white hat and hide from the cameras. Can you spot her? Doh.






A Damn Good Week


Well, my apologies for boring people with my endless waffling. I hope you found some of this entertaining, or at the least slightly eye-opening. To be honest, I was just happy to get away from poker for a few days and seeing as I had such a great time, I thought I'd share my thoughts and piccies with the great people of blonde. thumbs up

Fork on stand by, but before I finish, here are a few more photos that might tickle your ribs...

-- The guns... back where they belong. In a museum for the public to marvel at. --


-- Proof for all the doubters (in particular Jen), that many mens' urinal now have little flies painted on their surface so us ape-like fellows have something to entertain us whilst we pee. --


-- Booder's favourite tipple, especially during live updates. --


-- Oh yeah, and rumour has it that they don't mind their cheese in Holland... --


-- Stay safe, peeps, and rubber up. --


-- I don't know how it happened, but what day we accidentally stumbled into a coffeeshop that only sold coffee. --


-- The National Monument, apparantly... --


-- We still don't know what this building's called. It looked important though. Just like tikay but the other way around. --


-- She sure is! --


-- 'Dana Kebabs' would have been the dream find, but Dana was overjoyed nonetheless. --


-- And finally, a couple of nice untainted piccies of Dana, myself and the Dutch scenery. Smiley --

3 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snoopy, great posts m8, can u do me a favour bud. Sort out my blonde thing and post a link on ur blog to mine. Link " Mick McCool" address "mickmccoolpokerdog.blogspot.com"

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger snoopy1239 said...

Okay, bit tied up today, but leave it with me and I'll see what I can do.

 
At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheers Bud...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home