Thursday, October 19, 2006

SIGH...

I'm 25 years old, and instead of being on the lash with the lads as I would have been in my younger days, I'm at home with the folks doing some work on blonde, barely acknowledging that it is in fact my 'special day'.

Quarter of a century, wow, is it wrong to start feeling old now? I think once you leave uni, every 5th year (25, 30, 35) appears quite depressing. I don't feel too bad though to be honest, I'm still in my 20's after all.

Every birthday, I go through the same motions. Huff and puff, sigh deeply before looking back on the year gone by to see how much time I wasted doing sod all.

Well, I guess this year's a little different. Although, admittedly, I am rather disappointing that I have failed to fulfil my potential as a live multi player, I have at least solidified my position as a regular winner of online cash games. I have been winning for almost a year now, and that, at least, should be consolidating news.

And then, of course, there's blondepoker. When I was celebrating my 24th birthday, I hadn't been to Dublin, Monte Carlo, Las Vegas, Copenhagen and so on. I hadn't played in a £1,500 comp and I hadn't met all the smashing people on forum. I didn't even know what I was going to do with myself if the poker didn't work out. Therefore, I really should be delighted with my progress over the last 12 months. I have to confess, it feels like an age since I undertook my first live update. Perhaps that is a good sign as experts reckon that you are experiencing many new things if your life feels like it's going slowly.

I've blown out my 25 candles on my imaginary cake. Here's to the next 25 years. Cheers!

3 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Blogger Alex Martin said...

Happy B-Day snoop, (belated).

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger snoopy1239 said...

cheers dude!

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger Alex Martin said...

Snoopy, are you going to Southampton for comp next weekend?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home