Saturday, March 25, 2006

WORK?!?!

Yes, I know it's shocking, but I have indeed been working... and working hard too. Incredible.

My week has been pretty much focused around preparing for the launch of the new blondepoker site. As a result, hitting the felt has been brushed aside in favour of spending my time in front of the lappie. Not a choice I embrace, but one I’ve had to make nonetheless. Whilst I had a great time in Glasgow last weekend, I was filled with envy when I heard about the fun and antics I’d potentially be missing out on at the Vic. I’ve never been to this joint, so it would have been an intriguing new experience for me. However, duty calls and I’ve been replaced by the ever-reliable Ben (Sunday8pm), who has already shown that he is more than capable, although the norkage shots leave a lot to be desired. In other words… NON-EXISTENT! Where’s Kev when you need him, eh?

Anyhow, I did manage to find a spare couple of hours to give the Luton SpringFest online satellite a crack. Last time I hopped onto Blue Square was for the Grand Prix qualifiers, of which I came second for nowt after moving into the heads-up battle as chip leader. Somewhat similarly, I was chip leader in this one right up until the rebuy period ended. Without darkening your days with the bad beat story, I missed out on a massive 20k pot and quickly found myself down to the felt, a sparkling tear in my eye. With 2 seats up for grabs and $2,200 for 3rd, I was disappointed with my 16th position. Gutted in fact, I’m not sure why, it wasn’t the end of the world, but, at the same time, I was dying to get myself into one of these big comps. I update in so many that I begin to get jealous of those playing, and this was an opportunity. Ah well, I’ll keep plugging away. I’m confident I’ll be playing a main event shortly.

Speaking of satellites, there’s a media one for Dublin on Tuesday. Jen, tikay, and myself are all entering so I’m hoping one of us can snag that package and give the main event a shot. It sure makes the updating session a far more exhilarating experience, especially if I can sneak a cheeky cut.

So, although I’m not quite making the progress I hoped to when it comes down to playing, I am overjoyed by the direction blonde is taking. A new site, the introduction of an online cardroom, and a forum that is as popular as ever.

The future's bright, the future's blonde...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home