Wednesday, November 01, 2006

OUT OF SYNC

Well, the good news is that I'm feeling better and am more at one with life. I haven't played online for several days and it's been an absolute blessing. Although my heavy schedule means I have to take advantage of my opportunites, playing was really getting me down, and it defeats the point completely if I am losing. I always know something's up when I play a long session, nevermind 20 hours straight. When that happens it's clear that my head isn't quite right, it's just a matter of convincing myself that and being able to take a few days off. Fortunately, the break in Dublin to live update forced me to do just that and I feel much better as a result.

Add to that the fact that the Dublin EPT updates were, in my opinion, one of our best, and I'm pretty happy considering I lost so much money prior to the trip. However, although I'm still keen to drop down a level for a few sessions, my bankroll doesn't seem to be in too bad a state, just momentarily stunned.

As, in true blondepoker fashion, Floppy and I booked our hotel and flights so late, it meant that we had to leave Ireland at 4am, pretty much straight after Roland took the title. When I got home I didn't feel too tired and had some work to do, so I didn't hit the sack till the afternoon. Then Dana arrived at around 12am and we stayed up until 5. I rose the next day at 11, but, for some reason conked out at around 7pm, which has completely put me out of synch. I rose at 11pm, went to bed at 10.30am, and have just risen with the time at 10pm - not great for someone trying to get back to a normal routine. Guess I'll just have to stay up 24 hours and go to bed around 10pm tomorrow - a bit of a pain as I have articles to write, but I don't think I've got much choice. I don't want to keep sleeping through the daylight and living as a vampire.

Anyhow, returning to poker, I'm looking forward to the Midlands Masters on the week of the 20th. I'll probably have to update the weekend, but I reckon I'll play most of the events leading up to the Main Event, if not all of them. It'll set me back about a grand, but as long as I'm feeling fit going into them, I'm happy to give it a crack. I might try a few satellites for the £500 too, freerolling that would make me feel a lot better. Either way, no online poker til after that event. I believe a month away is just what the doctor ordered.

I'm waffling now, so I'll bring this to an end. Well done to Roland de Wolfe and also Nick Slade, Rob Yong and Gavin Simms who all finaled at the Dublin EPT. 4 blondeites, huh? Not bad going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home