Saturday, January 26, 2008

(22) DISASTER


Well, I commented that the blog was in danger of becoming boring, so I guess here's the rollercoaster that draws so many to BlueScouse. Today I lost $2,265.29.

I'm very demoralised at the moment. I can handle losing, it's just that it makes things a lot more difficult than they were yesterday. Basically, Drogheda is pretty much out of the question now, which is a big disappointment as I wanted to play a 50k event. I played for almost six hours today cooped up in my room like a hermit, so Dana hates me. Most worringly, though, it makes paying bills difficult. I posted my tax bill of £2,465.01 just now to make sure it's out of the way and paid for, but I also have other money problems to worry about, such as paying the rent, council tax, car tax, telephone bill, accountacy fee, a holdiay in Chicago, all of which are going to mean I have to keep playing to survive. I have so many transactions hovering in cyber space and several invoices in need of paying, that I barely know how much money I have at the moment, but losing over a grand in pound sterling isn't something I can afford to do.

However, I've been here before, so I must look a the positives:

(1) I'm bruised and battered, but don't feel too depressed, kind of relieved in fact that I'm not playing anymore. Just closing the table is like a weight off my shoulders and I can focus on starting a fresh and winning money again. It's almost as if I felt I had to get that loss out of my system, and now I have to learn from it and move on.

(2) I am due some rakeback which will surely be near the $1k mark. This will soften the blow somewhat. Unfortunately, it won't aid my challenge as I finish on the 31st of the month and the rakeback gets paid on the first Sunday of February, but it will at least be a nice reward to look forward to. It's wierd, even when you're losing thousands at the table, the thought that you are at least creating rake is bizarrely comforting.

(3) The challenge is not out of sight. I've still got 5 days to earn $858.80 which is $214.7 per day (excluding Monday when I said I'd take Dana ice-skating). If I play my 'A' game again, I can achieve that.

(4) If I'd have known that after 22 days, I'd be on $4,142.20, then I probably would have taken it. It's distressing in the fact that the last week and all the hours I've put in have gone to waste, but poker is full of ups and downs, no one's perfect, and I need to look at the overall picture, which is that I have proved that after a short time learning the game, I am capable of winning at heads-up. If I can just eliminate these black days where I dump four figure sums, then I believe I can make a decent living out of the game.

Okay, I'm doing my best to remain confident, but it's not easy. I didn't eat up until a few moments ago, so I need to make sure that my diet remains good. Also, no getting lazy and going to bed late, missing meals, not going on my runs, etc. I need to take the hit on the chin and continue as normal. I've got to keep an eye on my work load too and make sure I keep up to date with articles, blonde poker, etc. This challenge would be so much easier if I didn't have a regular job to attend to.

The next few days are going to be tough mentally, mainly because of the bills that need paying over the upcoming weeks. This is the first time ever in my life that they've really concerned me. I can take not having a bankroll, but worrying about bills is something that I always intended to avoid.

biggest pot won: $937.40
biggest pot lost: $276.00
time at the table: 5hr 54 min

profit = - $2,265.29
blonde poker account = $4,142.20
$858.80 before the taxman goes away

Days played = 22
total time played = 69 hrs 38 mins
total rake earned = $860.85

current $ per hour = $40.82
current $ per day = $129.19

3 Comments:

At 11:15 PM, Blogger Amatay said...

Nightmares!! Just gotta get back on and raise it oop. You know that anyways fish. gl m8

 
At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

I saw your post on another blog and figured I’d check yours out and give you a headsup about a WPT giveaway I’m running this year.

A lot of players want to participate in a 10K buyin event, but most lack the skills or experience, so if I gave that way it would be like giving away a lottery ticket. Unless they got very lucky they probably wouldn’t do much with it.

So I tried to come up with something that I felt would be a much better prize for the majority of poker players. I’m giving away a WPT Battle For The Season Pass III package this year on my site.

You can win a weeklong vacation in the Bahamas, training from the pros (over 20 in attendance last year) and entry into up to three tournaments while you’re down there. One of the tournaments is a 3-day deep-stacked event with a number of WPT, cash and boot camp prizes. The grand prize is a $100,000 WPT Season Pass plus $10K in cash for expenses.

You can use the WPT Season Pass to enter any World Poker Tour events you want (ten 10K events, a mix of 5K, 15K, etc)

The first free satellite is being held on Full Tilt Poker Sunday, February 10th, 2008 at 14:00 (2pm EST)

Right now there's only 34 players signed up, the top 4 advance to a single-table semi-final in February. The fields aren't going to get any smaller as word of this promotion spreads. So if you want in, you'll want to play some of the earlier events to have less competition.

Hope the tables & life are treating you well, and I hope you’ll take a shot at winning this prize!

AJ
President
www.RakeReport.net

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Michael said...

I know I'm posting this a while after you've written it but I'm reading your posts in order so they make sense. Glad to see you've got you eye on the bottom line which is current

$ per hour = $40.82
current $ per day = $129.19

Not a bad wage and does this include rakeback?

Keep up the good work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home